In the 20th episode hosted by writer and BTS stan Virginia Duan, she and special guest, Edward Walrod, discuss their love of Jin, his kindness, and how he breaks the mold of what it means to be a K-pop idol.
Noona ARMY Podcast discusses the particular challenges and aspects of being a middle aged female fan of K-pop global sensation BTS.
GUEST HOST: Edward Walrod
Edward (he/him/they/them) is an avocado hating millennial Korean American originally from Seoul and is now in Chicago working in communications and digital media. He is an aggressive PCUSA Presbyterian with a low tolerance for BS, conservatism, and a sushi-kbbq-boba addiction that will most likely kill him and the world’s oceans one day. He is truly grateful that the biggest theological influences in his life are amazing women (s/o to PAAC).
Download Noona ARMY Podcast
Watch Noona ARMY Podcast
For related articles and my reaction videos with similar themes, please check these out:
- Protest Primer, Part 1: We’re Not Done Yet
- Protest Primer, Part 2: Protest Supplies and Day-Of Best Practices
- EP 18: BTS, BLM, and Performative Activism
- EP 17: BTS and Using Your Platforms
- EP 15: Racism, BTS, and the Model Minority Myth
- Ep 07: Sex and BTS
- EP 14: BTS and Love Yourself
- Your Guide to Being a Middle-Aged BTS Fan
- Why I Love BTS