I am a consummate idiot.
Instead of going to bed at 9pm last night, and possibly sleeping through the night because Sasquatch seems to be sleeping longer when he is dry (so adding an insert to his cloth diaper was super helpful), I stayed up until 3-4am playing a new to me game called Two Dots.
This is why I can’t have nice things. This is also why I have never tried drugs. Because I have an addictive personality and dammit all if I didn’t spend all day playing this stupid game.
In fact, I am currently fighting off the incredibly strong urge to play the game in order to write this post.
So, because I ruined my brain and likely will be super cranky today (my busiest day of the week – great planning, jackass), I give you more of the random firings of my brain.
1) My unders still hurt. Though I have mostly stopped leaking blood, my baby squeezing out parts still ache and are kinda throbby (and not in the good throbby kinda way).
I really hope this is normal and not because I have an infection in Lady Town.
2) I didn’t need to mention that there is a highly likely chance of me being TMI, right?
No one is new here.
3) I am ravenous.
I would say it’s because I am breastfeeding, but mostly it’s because I make poor eating choices.
So this is the secret to how I always end up losing weight post-baby. It is because my body just does that (sorry) rather easily and also because I breastfeed a lot. (Yesterday seemed to be continuous ALL DAY.)
But, it is also likely because I am used to not eating dinner with the family and usually prefer to eat by myself after everyone is down for the night. Except now I am super tired and often fall asleep nursing in bed (we co-sleep) and by the time I wake up it’s too late and I just say fuck it and go back to bed.
And then, when I am up during the day, I never particularly want to eat what the kids eat so I graze and eat mostly snacks so um, yeah.
I especially eat a lot of chocolate and Halloween candy. It is delicious.
Bad decisions all around.
4) Gamera did not sleep well last night. She kept sleep-talking all night and she was NOT happy in her dreams. At least once, she sleep-yelled/whined at Cookie Monster and her frenemie, Rhythm Girl.
I love how she gets pissed off even in her sleep. Clearly, she is my child.
5) So I am bummed that Cookie Monster and Gamera’s eyes have succumbed to genetics and are now both wearing glasses for reading.
The bright side is that kid glasses are no longer horrible and awkward like when I was a kid so they are adorable.
6) Our part of CA seems to have finally gotten the memo that it is fall and indeed, has been fall for some time now.
I am cold.
7) My butt and legs constantly go numb because I am always sitting and nursing Sasquatch.
I am probably getting tennis elbow because I am constantly on my phone either texting or playing Two Dots.
It’s a sickness.
8) I love getting free books at the library. But I hate how I end up paying so many fines because I am incapable of returning books on time lately.
9) I need to find new TV shows to watch that are episodic and not a continued story arc. I started Designated Survivor and though I enjoy it, the pressure to keep watching is about to do me in. I just can’t stand all the new episodes judging me in my DVR queue. And now there are so many it seems that watching them will take too much effort.
I still have Roots on my DVR from summer. Still haven’t come up with the commitment to watch any.
I need another NCIS or start watching Bones reruns again. Pretty much I just need to DVR old procedurals in syndication.
Ooooh. Psych is back on Ion. Hmmmm. This shows promise.
10) I am super excited PharmGirl is having her baby soon. Then we can have three sets of frenemy kids. And most importantly – I don’t have to make new friends so that Sasquatch can have friends.
Now, to convince my other good friends they want a third or fourth child.
Alright. That’s it. My brain is done. See you soon!